|Position: Assistant Manager/Operations Manager|
|Reports to: General Manager ||Department: Store Operations|
Assists the General Manager in executing the day-to-day activities in support of the strategic planning initiatives to ensure a productive and profitable operation, while helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation throughout the operation.
- Assist the General Manager in maximizing sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales budgets while minimizing shrink.
- Assists the General Manager in recruiting and developing quality staff at all levels. Provides input to location succession planning.
- Provides leadership, effective management and training for staff.
- Ensures communications from home office and the General Manager is delivered to all staff levels.
- Ensures full adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Implements and enforces controls that protect the companies assets from internal and external shrink.
- Ensures over-all floor coaching and supervision is delivered consistently to ensure excellent customer service.
- Completes on a timely basis all administrative work as assigned by the General Manager, (i.e. scheduling, back office administration).
- Performs daily/ weekly operational audits.
- Ensures adherence to all promotional programs and reports deficiencies in compliance to the General Manager.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and visual merchandising skills
- Performs daily inspections in each store to ensure company standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and housekeeping are maintained.
- Fulfills all responsibilities of General Manager in his/her absence including responsiveness to landlord and home office requests.
- Consults and helps plan daily activities with General Manager; manages the activities of supervisors and staff.
- Provides supervision, guidance and support to store staff.
- Works with on-site jobbers and sales representatives.
- Communicates with home office personnel.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability: